Whether you’re looking to put your property on the market in the near future or just want to beautify your home to improve your own standard of living, the overall look of the exterior shouldn’t be neglected. Many people invest large amounts of time and money into renovating their interior and making their home look beautiful, only to find later that a lack of curb appeal lowers the value of their property. Avoid that mistake by maximising the appeal of your property with these simple tips.
- Install attractive privacy screens. A gorgeous garden is almost always a perk for would-be home buyers, but if nosy neighbours are bothering you or you just want to give your garden a fresh new look then beautifully designed decorate facades can work wonders for your outdoor space. They’ll protect your private area from any intrusion while enhancing the overall aesthetic of the garden. These facades can also be incorporated into gates or as stylish architectural additions to your home.
- Stay on top of your landscaping. If you’re not naturally a fan of gardening then this step may not come as easily as it does to some. However, a property with well maintained landscaping and an attractive garden will definitely help boost the value of your home and, possibly, give you a challenging project to work on during otherwise lazy weekends. If you just want a neat and tidy look then simply weeding that garden, making sure the lawn is consistently mowed, and dealing with dead branches or plants will instantly upgrade the overall look of your home.
- Give it a clean. You clean the inside of your house, right? Your exterior should be given a regular wash, too – at least if you want to give your house some decent curb appeal or sell it anytime soon. It doesn’t have to be complicated to clean the outside of your home and you can even hire someone to do it for you if you don’t have the time or energy. Just use a high-pressure water system to rinse away all of the grime that’s built up since the last time your house had a good clean.
- Opt for a fresh coat of paint. If your home has had the same paint job for many years then it’s very likely that the colour is looking a little dull at this stage and probably chipped in various areas. Give the whole house a fresh lick of paint, but be careful with the colours you choose. If you’re planning to live in the property long-term then there’s no problem with choosing a shade that suits your personality, however quirky it may be, but if you’re hoping to sell soon then it’s best to opt for a neutral shade.
- Renovate your porch. For those with a porch or patio in the garden of their property, this is a great spot to focus some attention if you want to boost your overall exterior appeal. Patios are a great addition to your home and plenty of buyers love this feature, but it will need to look new and functional if you want to seal the deal. Fix up any broken areas and add some updated features and accessories to give it a stylish and comfortable look.