We have all heard the horror stories of unscrupulous roofing contractors who take the money and run, and if you want to be sure that the company you choose is reliable and established, there are steps you can take to ensure this. With so many companies claiming to be roofing experts, it is hard to know where to begin, and with that in mind, here is a guide to selecting the right roofing contractor.
- Choose a Local Company – You don’t want to bring in a company from another region to work on your roof, and if you are unaware of any good local roofing contractors, an online search is the ideal place to start. This would bring up a list of websites, and after some browsing, you should be able to narrow the search down to two or three companies, and you can ask each of them to quote for the job.
- Customer Testimonials – This is perhaps the most accurate way to evaluate a potential roofing contractor, and if you live in Western Australia, there are excellent roof restoration Perth reviews for one of the well-known local companies. Any company that has a long list of verifiable customer testimonials must be doing something right, and they would likely be happy to give you a few local addresses where you can view some of their finished work.
- No Pressure – Any established roofing contractor would be very confident in their services, and they would understand that a customer needs time to make a decision. One thing to look for is the detail in any roof inspection, as it is essential to carry out a detailed inspection in order to quote a price, and with friendly and approachable staff, you should be able to ask any questions regarding the work. If you requested a quote, ideally, they would make an inspection appointment, and after taking stock of the current roof condition, would be able to quote you an all-inclusive price.
- Honest Evaluation – There are usually several ways to repair a roof, and a reputable contractor would present the options to the homeowner, and of course, advise when relevant. It might be that you are considering a new roof, when in actual fact, the existing roof structure is sound, and in this case, a reputable roofer would suggest retiling and sealing the roof, which is really the best solution.
- Comprehensive Warranty – Of course, your roof will look fantastic when the work is completed, but will it stand the test of time? Look for a company that offers a comprehensive warranty on all work carried out. If, for example, you wanted to have the roof sealed with a special resin based sealant, the ideal company would offer a 20-year guarantee, and you can’t really get any better than that.
One should always take one’s time when selecting any contractor to work on your property, and with roofing, if you look for the above qualities, the chances are you will be very happy with the work and would certainly recommend them to your friends.